Skip to form

City of Golden

cityofgolden@cityofgolden.net

911 10th St., Golden, CO, 80401, US

303-384-8000

Downtown Development Authority COVID-19 Business Revenue Loss Grant Program Application -- Round Two

Purpose

The DDA's $200,000 COVID-19 Business Revenue Loss Grant Program assists eligible downtown businesses that have been directly impacted by County and State mandates. Round Two is for businesses which did not apply in the first round.

Description

The program provides grants for expenses that help businesses operate in the winter as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.Generally, grants up to $2,000 are available on a 80/20 cost-sharing basis.

For total eligible costs of $2,500, applicants may apply for a grant up to $2,000 (80%) and demonstrate that they will pay the remaining $500 (20%). Larger grants will be considered (subject to the same 80/20 split.) Please see details below.

Eligible Business Types

  • Independently-owned businesses within the DDA boundaries.
  • Retail/food service/lodging/personal services (i.e. spas, barbers, salons) and small healthcare providers (i.e.-dentists, massage therapists) are eligible.
  • Individually-owned franchises (including locally-owned/closely held LLC or similar) are eligible.
  • Businesses that have previously received DDA and/or City of Golden COVID-19 assistance are eligible.
  • Sub-tenants, salon booth renters, food hall tenants, etc. are not eligible.
  • Corporately-owned franchises are not eligible.
  • Big box stores over 10,000 sf are not eligible.
  • Home-based businesses are not eligible.
  • Residential Short Term Rentals are not eligible.
  • The applicant must be current on all Golden sales tax and fees, or under an approved payment plan.
  • The applicant must affirm that it will remain in business through the end of the year.
  • Nonprofit organizations generally are not eligible. Applications from nonprofits that earn revenue from fee-based performances, exhibitions, and programs and have been impacted by COVID-19 (above) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Grant Criteria

  • Eligible businesses are those that have been directly impacted by County and State mandates.
  • Eligible expenses for restaurants could include portable heaters, outdoor furniture and fixtures, and rent; eligible expenses for retailers could include rent and other fixed expenses.
  • Applicants will make requests based on the individual needs of their businesses and are not limited to the items listed above.
  • For a $2,500 project, the business may apply for a $2,000 (80%) grant and demonstrate that they are paying $500 (20%) themselves.
  • Grants up to a general $2,000 maximum per business will be administratively-approved.
  • For less-common requests or amounts above the general $2,000 grant maximum, applications may be reviewed by a DDA subcommittee. Larger grants also will be subject to a 80/20 split.
  • The DDA will reimburse eligible purchases made after September 1, 2020. Please note that businesses assume the risk for such purchases in case DDA grant funding is not available.

Application Process

  • Applications will be accepted starting October 26, 2020 and ending at the close of business on November 6, 2020.
  • Applications will be available on the City of Golden COVID-19 Business Economic Assistance Page
  • Please submit applications ONLINE only (this form). NO PAPER applications will be accepted.
  • ALL applications will be given equal consideration. This IS NOT a first-come first-served program. 
  • All grant applications will be reviewed for eligibility.
  • Applicants will be notified of grant approval by email from covid-19businessrecoveryloans@cityofgolden.net.
  • If total eligible grant requests exceed available funding, applicants will be entered into a random lottery for funding, or funding requests will be proportionately adjusted.
  • The DDA reserves the right to cancel the program at any time and for any reason.
  • Grants may be taxable.

Name of Business Owner

Business must be within DDA boundaries. If you are unsure, please check the DDA webpage.

Business Address

If you need to check your Golden business license number, email salestax@cityofgolden.net.

By signing, I affirm that I intend for my business to remain in operation at this location through December 31, 2020. Furthermore, I affirm that all the information provided in this grant application is correct.

Choose how to sign

Date Signed